DPT Pool Tables Buying Guide
From the most popular questions that we have been asked over the years, we have put together this simple Buying Guide to help you make a more informed choice about which Pool Table is right for you.
1 – DIFFERENCES BETWEEN MODELS OF TABLE
THE FOUR CATEGORIES OF TABLE
• We manufacture and sell four kinds of Pool Table, Coin Operated, Freeplay, Pool Dining Tables and Outdoor Pool Tables
• Despite the four categories, all of our Pool Tables are made to the same high standards, same quality of materials and single 19mm thick slate bed playing surfaces.
• Within each category you will find different models of table. The differences between each model are mainly aesthetic and design based.
• Coin Operated Pool Tables operate using a ‘pay to play’ basis and are fitted with a mechanical or electronic coin mechanism that can be used with coins or tokens.
• Freeplay Pool Tables are not fitted with a coin mechanism, therefore it is not necessary to ‘pay to play’ with a Freeplay Table.
• Pool Dining Tables are dual purpose and can be used as a quality pool table and dining table. Pool Dining Tables are ‘Freeplay’ and it is not necessary to ‘pay to play’ on these tables.
• Outdoor Pool Tables are available in Coin Operated, Freeplay and Pool Dining varieties and are constructed with a specially designed Marine Plywood as well as being fitted with hard wearing Napless Speed Cloth
• Napless Cloth is ‘nap free’ therefore will not fluff up or shed and will allow the ball to run a lot quicker.
• Our Outdoor Pool Tables are also supplied with heavy duty Vinyl Covers for added protection agains the elements when not in use.
• Price differences arise due to different design features, such as coated metal legs, turned legs, solid wood legs, cue ball return systems amongst other features.
2 – POOL TABLE DIMENSIONS
6ft & 7ft POOL TABLES
• Our Pool Tables are available in two sizes; 6ft and 7ft.
• The 6ft and 7ft size refers to the outside edge measurements of the table from edge to edge of the top frame – see the above diagram for reference.
3 – ROOM SIZE
DO I HAVE ENOUGH ROOM FOR A POOL TABLE?
• The dimensions of your room will determine which size Pool Table is best for you.
• Check out our Room Size Guide to help you decide.
4 – FREE ACCESSORIES
WHAT ARE YOUR POOL TABLES SUPPLIED WITH?
• Our Pool Tables are supplied with a Free Accessory Pack which includes:
• 1 x Set of 2″ Red & Yellow Pool Balls
• 1 x Black Plastic Triangle
• 1 x Box of Chalk
• 2 x Pool Cues (48″ or 57″ depending on the size of the pool table)
5 – THE ORDER PROCESS
WHAT HAPPENS ONCE I HAVE PLACED MY ORDER?
• Once you have placed your order with us, we will contact you to confirm we have received it and inform you and will give you an estimate delivery time to work to.
• It is important to note that all Pool Tables are custom made to order.
• During the order process we will keep in touch with you by phone or email to keep you updated on it’s progress.
• Once the table has been made, we will then confirm a delivery date with you and make arrangements for the delivery to take place.
• Once we have supplied the relevant delivery company with your table, they will liaise with you on the day of delivery to update you with an estimate delivery time between 9am – 6pm.
6 – DELIVERY TIMES
HOW LONG WILL IT TAKE TO PROCESS MY ORDER
• We will always endeavour to work within a 4 week turnaround timeframe from the date of your order to delivery.
• Order turnaround times can vary depending on the model of table that you have ordered, but we will keep you informed of it’s progress during the manufacturing stage of the order.
7 – DELIVERY & INSTALLATION
THE DELIVERY ONLY OPTION
• ‘Delivery Only’ is Free of Charge to all UK Mainland addresses. See Delivery Information on each Pool Table description for more information and excluded postcode areas.
• This option means that your Pool Table will be delivered ‘kerb side’ only to your address. The delivery driver will not assist in installing or moving the Pool Table in to your property.
THE DELIVERY & INSTALLATION OPTION
• ‘Delivery & Installation’ to a Ground Floor is £99.00 extra to all UK Mainland addresses. See Delivery Information on each Pool Table description for more information and excluded postcode areas.
• This option involves your Pool Table being delivered and installed by a team of professional Pool Table installers.
• Additional costs will be provided on application for installations for first floors or above or where restricted access needs to be considered.
8 – SETTING UP YOUR TABLE
HOW WILL MY POOL TABLE BE SUPPLIED?
• If you opt for the Delivery Only option, you will need to make some simple arrangements to set the table up yourself.
• Our Pool Tables are supplied basically as three separate components. The Cloth Covered Slate, the Pool Table Body and the Pool Table Legs are all packed separately and will need assembling at your premises.
• Assembly and levelling of the Pool Table is fairly straight forward, but you will need the assistance of an able bodied partner.
INSTALLING YOUR POOL TABLE
Step 1 – Carrying the Body of the Pool Table
- After removing the outer packaging of the Pool Table body, take out of the Accessories that have been packed inside the table before lifting and carrying the body.
- The weight of the bodies of our Pool Tables vary depending on the model, but as a rough guide expect to be lifting anything between 60Kg – 100Kg.
- Carry the Body of the Pool Table to the room/area that you wish to install the table in. As mentioned above, this stage will require two able bodied people, as the body of a Pool Table can be awkward to carry due to it’s shape and depth (especially around corners and through door ways).
- In the room that you wish to install the table, lay the Pool Table down safely on to the floor.
Step 2 – Fitting the Legs to the Body of the Table
- The easiest way to do this is to first carefully lift the table on to it’s side.
- Have one person hold the table steady on it’s side whilst the other screws the table legs to the base of the table.
- Once the legs have been screwed on, you will then need to bolt the Leg Levellers to the base of each leg.
- The Leg Levellers are the adjustable feet that will allow you to make sure you get the table level before you play.
- Once you have the legs and levellers fitted to the base of the table, gently lift and turn the table so it is resting on it’s legs.
- Prior to moving on to the next stage of the installation (fitting the Slate Bed), you will need to unclip the Top Frame from the Body of the Table. This is done by simply unclipping the beneath the frame where it is attached at various points along the edge of the body.
Step 3 – Fitting the Slate Bed to the Body of the Table
- With the Table Legs and Levellers fitted it is now time to fit the Cloth Covered Slate Bed to the top of the table body.
- You should take care to be gentle when handling and fitting the slate and also to take in to account that this is where the majority of the weight of a Pool Table comes from.
- Slates are approximately ¾ Inches thick and weigh around 125kg.
- Gently lift and rest the Slate Bed on to the Body of the Pool Table, the Slate will fit and rest inside the body of the table
- under it’s own weight and does not need to be fastened or attached.
Step 4 – Clipping the Top Frame of the Table on to the Body
- After you have fitted the Slate Bed, the next stage is to clip the Top Frame in to place.
- Simply lift the Top Frame on to the top of the table, then clip it in to place.
- To clip the frame in to place you will need to get underneath the table where you will find holes allowing you to reach inside the table and secure the clips along the varying points of the Top Frame.
Step 5 – Levelling the Pool Table
- The installation of your table is pretty much complete now, you will have the Legs, Levellers, Slate Bed and Top Frame all securely fitted and all that is left to do is to level the table to make sure your getting a nice even playing surface.
- Place a spirit level on to the surface of the table and use it as a guide to how you should adjust the Leg Levellers accordingly.
- Either with one of your two person team gently lifting the corner of the table that you wish to adjust or using a Table Jack, you just need to simply screw the bolted Leg Leveller higher or lower accordingly until your table is level.
- The adjustable Leg Levellers will give you approx. 2 inches worth of depth to allow you to independently adjust each leg to the height that you need.