DPT Pool Tables Buying Guide
From the most popular questions that we have been asked over the years, we have put together this simple Buying Guide to help you make a more informed choice about which Pool Table is right for you.
1 – Differences between our models of pool tables
The four categories of tables
• We manufacture and sell four kinds of Pool Tables, Coin Operated Pool Tables, Freeplay Pool Tables, Pool Dining Tables and Outdoor Pool Tables
• Despite the four categories, all of our Pool Tables are made to the same high standards, same quality of materials and single 19mm thick slate bed playing surfaces.
• Within each category you will find different models of table. The differences between each model are mainly aesthetic and design based.
• Coin Operated Pool Tables operate using a ‘pay to play’ basis and are fitted with a mechanical or electronic coin mechanism that can be used with coins or tokens.
• Freeplay Pool Tables are not fitted with a coin mechanism, therefore it is not necessary to ‘pay to play’ with a Freeplay Table.
• Pool Dining Tables are dual purpose and can be used as a quality pool table and dining table. Pool Dining Tables are ‘Freeplay’ and it is not necessary to ‘pay to play’ on these tables.
• Outdoor Pool Tables are available in Coin Operated, Freeplay and Pool Dining varieties and are constructed with a specially designed Marine Plywood as well as being fitted with hard wearing Nappless Speed Cloth. Nappless Cloth is ‘nap free’ therefore will not fluff up or shed and will allow the ball to run a lot quicker. Our Outdoor Pool Tables are also supplied with heavy duty Vinyl Covers for added protection agains the elements when not in use.
• Price differences arise due to different design features, such as coated metal legs, turned legs, solid wood legs, cue ball return systems amongst other features.
2 – Pool table dimensions
6ft & 7ft pool tables
• Our Pool Tables are available in two sizes; 6ft and 7ft.
• The 6ft and 7ft size refers to the outside edge measurements of the table from edge to edge of the top frame – see the above diagram for reference.
3 – Room size
Do I have enough room for a pool table?
• The dimensions of your room will determine which size Pool Table is best for you.
• Check out our room size guide to help you decide.
4 – Free accessories
What are your pool tables supplied with?
Our Pool Tables are supplied with a Free Accessory Pack which includes:
• 1 x Set of 2″ Aramith Red & Yellow Pool Balls
• 1 x Black Plastic Triangle
• 1 x Block of Chalk
• 2 x Pool Cues (48″ or 57″ depending on the size of the pool table)
5 – The ordering process
What happens once I have placed my order?
• Once you have placed your order with us, you will receive an order confirmation to confirm we have received it.
• It is important to note that all Pool Tables are custom made to order.
• During the order process we will keep in touch with you by phone or email to keep you updated on it’s progress.
• Once the table has been made, we will then confirm a delivery date with you and make arrangements for the delivery to take place.
6 – Delivery Times
Check our delivery page for up to date lead times here.
7 – Delivery & Installation
We only offer delivery and installation, we don’t recommend customers trying to manoeuvre and install the tables themselves, as they are an awkward heavy item and can easily be damaged, if not handle correctly. When spending a large amount of money on a pool table, for £99.00 it’s worth the extra cost to have it completed by a professional.
Delivery & Installation – £99.00
• We only deliver & install pool tables to a ground floor.
• 2 people will install the table, they will setup and level the table, ready for play.
Delivery & Installation to outer lying areas – £199.00
• Outer lying areas are classed with the following postcodes: PA 19+, PH, DD, AB, IV, KW.